Re: Is it possible to read a SGA's memory architecture ?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:48:03 +0400

> The actual question I would think is what kernel or API call does one use to
> read memory blocks allocated by another application.
>
> Looking through the Win32 memory management API calls, the only candidates
> seem to be:
> CopyMemory()
> VirtualQuery()

How about ReadProcessMemory() and WriteProcessMemory() ? ;) Privileged calls, restricted to debugging tools and likes, but still if you can get your process running as LocalSystem, you can get into any other process' memory space and do whatever you like there. Plus there's that Shatter technique that may be (or may be not) applicable to Oracle - this one doesn't require any advanced privileges if you can find a LocalSystem service that can interact with the desktop. You then use pretty innocent messages to get your code into target's memory space and execute it in that context...