Re: Automatic WHERE clause on table

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:02:34 GMT

Telemachus wrote:

> Fine Grained Access Control - AKA FGAC  is the feature you want.
> "Arkadiusz Kubach" <arkadiusz.kubach_at_NOSPAMneotek.pl> wrote in message
>

>>Hi. I heard about it but I don't know where to look for such information
>>because
>>I don't know the name of the function or even is it possible.
>>
>>I'd like to add some automatic permission checking when someone is fireing
>>a query on a table. Permissions are defined in another table and I want
>>server could add
>>a WHERE clause or maybe additional query (not included and known by the
>>user)
>>to check for permissions. It is required to limit a record set which user
>>can get.
>>
>>Is it generally possible? If yes, how to do this?
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>Arkus

FYI - This is something the Oracle marketing folks have had a field day with. Yes, it is sometimes known as Fine-Grained Access Control ... but you might also find information under its older name Row Level Security or its newer name Virtual Private Database. Received on Mon Oct 21 2002 - 11:02:34 CDT