Re: Automatic WHERE clause on table

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Oct 2002 08:45:05 -0700

"Telemachus" <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net> wrote in message news:<GbQs9.23040$zX3.61880_at_news.indigo.ie>...
> Fine Grained Access Control - AKA FGAC is the feature you want.
>
> Beware of mines ! - JL has a nice section on the possible pitfalls.

There is another way to do it, used well before FGAC was implemented. It requires some work, of course. You create a view based on your table. Put where clause you want into the view. You can reference a user using USER pseudocolumn. Then revoke all access to the table itself from users and grant them access to the view.