Re: creating a connection to Oracle 7.3 from Oracle 9i

From: Edwinah63 <edwinah_at_customercare.com.au>
Date: 20 Oct 2002 23:34:38 -0700

Hi to everyone who replied

many thanks, i appreciate you taking time to answer my questions.

my next question is this what is a "repository" (outside of the definition in the glossary)? what is it real life purpose?

in mssql 2000 we can create a database (separate from the master which contains all the system info) to hold the live data, create all the users with their roles separately and then assign users to databases to give them access.

i had a go using the EM Configuration wizard to create a repository (OEMREP - yes i just accepted the defaults) however, when i logged in as system all it seemed to create was another database!! i already have one when created for me during installation (called EVAL).

i am confused as i do not want to create many "repositories" for each user. pls note at the moment i am using the OEM on the server, not the client.

should i be using the client software?

Edwina