Re: Java stored procedure performance dilemma

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2002 21:29:18 -0500

On 20 Oct 2002, colinandkaren_at_lycos.co.uk wrote:

> In otherwords, they don't want to return a peptide simply containing
> fragment 1 and fragment 2, but fragment 1 within, for example, 3 amino
> acids of fragment 2.

It seems to me the problem is that you don't have an amino acids table. Instead, there is an intelligent key that puts these together to define a peptide in the peptides table.

Can you create your own amino acids table? Then, have an amino acid to peptide resolve table? This should allow you to do full outer joins of your structures with the existing structures. Then, with PL/SQL or maybe even SQL with a having clause, you could bring back the correct answer.

--
Galen deForest Boyer