Re: ODBC behaves differently between Enterprise and Standard

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:03:52 +0200

On 20 Oct 2002 07:48:11 -0700, stevens_at_coloradocustomware.com (Steve S) wrote:

>I have run into a problem with an MS Access based query that behaves
>differently base on whether a table attachment was created against an
>Enterprise Edition server or Standard Edition server.
>
>Here are the environments;
>
>Identical database on Two Servers;
>Oracle 8.1.7 Enterprise Edition;
>And
>Oracle 8.1.7 Standard Edition
>
>Both on Windows 2000 server
>
>Client;
>8.1.7 client and the 8.1.7.0.0 ODBC driver on Windows 2000 pro
>MS Access 97
>
>I am running an Access query that contains two native access tables
>and an ODBC attached Oracle table. The primary Access table is outer
>joined with a secondary Access table and inner joined with an Oracle
>table. The purpose of the query is to pull details out of a large
>Oracle table for records that are missing in the second Access table.
>
>If I create the ODBC table link to the to Enterprise Edition server,
>it causes a full table scan when I run the query. If I create the
>link to Standard Edition server it uses an index.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

No.
You post doesn't contain any clues.
Did you for instance compare the init.ora files, and did you check the presence and accuracy of statistics, the number of records affected, to mention a few things? Or do you want the group to look in their crystal balls?

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Oct 20 2002 - 10:03:52 CDT