Re: SW vendor insists on RBO

From: Peter van Rijn <pgm.van.rijnRM_at_THIShccnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:20:53 +0200

Niall,

You don't have to convince me of the desirablity to use CBO. I offered our vendor to do part of the analysis if problems arise when changing from RBO to CBO.
Of course it's bad design, and they know it, and theuy agree it should be fixed, but as things go, our vendor doesn't want to invest much time (at this moment, so they say) in certifying their app against CBO.

My post was meant to find out if one might expect more unexpected errors (because of bad design of course ;-) ), comparable to the ORA-1722 we had. I *was* expecting differences with respect to performance, but received weird errors in stead.

Peter

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> schreef in bericht news:3db1c2e1$0$13370$cc9e4d1f_at_news.dial.pipex.com...