Re: Questions about Standby Database

From: Karen Abgarian <abvk_at_ureach.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 06:49:42 GMT

If your system can loose 6 hours of data, I assume that it is a very critical one. I think you could save yourself a lot of efforts by implementing a DataGuard. You will probably still need to spend time studying and confiuguring it, but it is going to work for your benefit - it's a new technology, excitement, fun and an advantage for future job search :-)

If you choose to implement the scripts, any simple design, such as transfering by ftp and such from cron, will work. There probably will be some maintenance overhead, though. That worked for us for several years, until our business requirements became more strict, at which point we had to put more effort in the code.

Regs
AK