Re: Oracle Application Server and Oracle Containers for Java

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:22:58 +0200

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:55:18 +0000, ytyt wrote:

> What is relationship between Oracle Application Server 9i and Oracle9iAS
> Containers for J2EE?
>
> What should I do if I want to learn Oracle Application Server? Where can
> I find documentation on its features?
>
> Thanks,

Documentation, white papers, samples, how-tos, etc.:

http://otn.oracle.com/products/ias/content.html

Oracle 9i Application Server Release 2 is an application server.

Part of it is Oracle Containers for Java (OC4J).

9iAS is the whole thing, some of 9iAS uses OC4J internally.

You can use OC4J for deployment of J2EE applications. You can also use Perl or PHP or PL/SQL.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Sat Oct 19 2002 - 00:22:58 CDT