Re: SQL*Loader question

From: drew <drewb_at_ncaba.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 04:35:28 GMT

I'm not at work, so I can't try this out ... but this should work.

If you are using Oracle 8i or later, you can define field1 and field2 as FILLER and then

LOAD DATA
INFILE 'input.dat'
INSERT INTO TABLE whatever
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"' (
field1 FILLER CHAR,
field2 FILLER CHAR,
col1 CHAR ":field1||:field2||:col1"
)