Re: Replication Error

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 11:17:25 -0700

In article <aop4k1$80e$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net>, "Jake" says...

>Hi,
>
>If I have a data conflict, while processing the deferred transactions.
>
>Does the error get put into deferror on the originating side or the
>destination side?
>Does the transaction remain in the deferred transaction queue on originating
>side or does it get put in the deferred transaction queue at the destination
>side, with a destination of itself?
>
>Thanks
>Jake

If by data error you mean a conflict with the same row in the destination database, then it stays in the error queue at the destination. Generally speaking, it stays where the error occurs. If, for example, you run out of space on the destination database i.e. the tablespace the replicated object is in fills up), then it has reached the destination site without problems. It's the local application of the change that dies, therefore the row stays where the error occurred.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 13:17:25 CDT