Re: Oracle personal edition?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <ktsahl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:06:34 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> Niall: I could wish that when some total wanker like Kenneth "I' know it
> all" Stahl posts what he has posted here, you wouldn't give him a grain of
> encouragement.
>
> There is nothing illegal or time-restricted about installing the Enterprise
> Edition, and that's the end of it. That's all an idiot like him needs to
> know, and that's all the general public needs to know, too. Because them's
> the facts.
>
> His bulls**t post about the cost of Enterprise Edition is just that: cow
> manure. It's free. Has been for as long as I can remember, and will be for
> as long as I would want to work for them. Provided you don't put it to
> commercial use.
>
> It's not very complicated, and it doesn't need complicating.

And that you do not store any data in the the database beyond that which is needed to prototype an application. In other words, if you keep a database of recipes or cd collection in the database you are in violation of the terms of the agreement.

I guess I was under the impression that this ng was largely used by professions. Apparently I was grossly mistaken. Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 13:06:34 CDT