Re: Does somebody know a better way

From: Das Schaf <me_at_domain.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:41:48 GMT

In article <3DB042E9.C709AAD8_at_exesolutions.com>, dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com says...
> SELECT TRANSLATE('test_string', 'A{|}~ !"#$%&''()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`', 'A')
> FROM dual;

Thanks Daniel, I will be using your solution in preference to my own. However, its still an exclusionary device, I have to specify what to exclude. My perfect solution would be one that includes specified characters and excludes everything else, as that's the requirement I really have.

Thanks for your attention to my problem,

        Chris Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 12:41:48 CDT