Re: Does somebody know a better way

From: Das Schaf <me_at_domain.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:16:24 GMT

In article <ba03e2c.0210180830.296c66f0_at_posting.google.com>, norwoodthree_at_my- deja.com says...
> I'm not sure of your process, but are you sure the database is the
> tool to use this for? If this happens many times per day, I assume
> this is due to new data loads? Perhaps the data should be cleaned up
> before it hits the database.
>
> Please clarify.

I would like the data to be cleaner before it gets into my system but its pushed in by an external system who would probably take six-months to set up a cleaning mechanism - also we want the non-alphanumerics normally

See my reply to noodles_at_aol.com below for further info

Many Thanks for your input Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 12:16:24 CDT