Re: Oracle personal edition?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:08:32 +1000

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:HXRr9.56141$g9.160698_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

Hi Howard

This is one of the funniest threads for a while. I love it !!

> Are you a total plonker, or just an amateur?

Now tell me, what is a total plonker ? Is there such a thing as a incomplete plonker or are you either a total plonker or a non plonker? Also, which is worse, a total plonker or an amateur. Actually, thinking about it, is it possible to be an amateur plonker ? When you become a total plonker, is there some plonking ceremony when you become totally plonked ?

> There is no "trial period". Period.

Hold on, you said no trial period. Then you said period. Come on, which is it ...

> The license is permanent, and unlimited. Provided he never uses it for
> commercial gain.
>
> Not an exactly onerous condition.
>
> Post back when you know what you're talking about.

I have a theory with all this. I think certain members of the real world out there are intentionally trying to get themselves arrested by breaking some law or another (like a breaking of Oracle licensing rules) for the sole purpose of being put on a convict ship and being sent to the beautiful nation that is Australia (just in time for the Ashes cricket series). A rather sneaky and clever plot, foiled by your true self.

Keep keeping them honest ;)

Cheers

Richard