ORA-01034, ORA-27101

From: documedia lda <documedia_at_iol.pt>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:45:58 +0100

Hi All,

I bought "Beginner Oracle Programming", from Wrox Press, with the intention to learn developing Oracle database. I download Oracle 9.0.1 Personal Edition for Win 98 SE, and install it in my Win XP Pro box. Following the instrution from authors to initialised it using SQL*Plus in Dos console, I wrote :
sqlplus in Dos prompt and it returned two error 1- ORA-01034: ORACLE NOT AVAILABLE
2- ORA-27101: SHARED MEMORY DOES NOT EXIST I followed the instrution using Username: Scott and Password: Tiger After 3 times DB it disconnect. I tried many times, with no success.

Whats wrong, please ?
Any help much appreciate.

Carlos Abreu
Lisbon, Portugal Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 08:45:58 CDT