Re: Java stored procedure performance dilemma

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:53:21 +0100

It might be useful to have an example of a typical but small Java procedure, and an example of how it is being called.

Any of the various bits of advice to date may be suitable depending on actual current use. Some of them may turn out to be very bad advice simply because they're not relevant to your situation.

The basic issue you need to address is whether you problem is in:

    database calls to java
    java calls to the database
    the java
    the particular use of stored procedures     the strategic infrastructure

A concrete example might help us w.r.t the first four.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminar dates:
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html )

____USA__________November 7/9   (Detroit)
____USA__________November 19/21 (Dallas)
____England______November 12/14

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Colin McGuire wrote in message ...

>I am involved with small team of programmers that have just finished
>writing a suite of Java routines that perform some grunt-job string
>manipulation/processing :- the algorithms implemented as Java stored
>procedures. Unfortunately, at this late stage in the play,
performance