Re: Oracle personal edition?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <ktsahl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 00:29:41 GMT

Alan Mills wrote:

> Excactly! I'd never bother installing anything other than enterprise
> edition. Even at home. If I was to install some other edition I know that
> sooner or later I'd want to get my hands on at least one of the missing
> features!
>
> Just not worth the risk of needing to upgrade later, IMO

Does this mean that you make it a common practice to illegally pirate commercial software. The cheapest price I have ever seen for the Enterprise Edition is $800 for a single named user and the prices go up from there. Or do you simply not care that you are not paying for an Enterprise license on your home system? I wonder if Oracle would be interested in this type of piracy? Received on Thu Oct 17 2002 - 19:29:41 CDT