Re: Timed_statistics

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:46:49 +0100

Is 8.1.7.2 the version where switching on timed_statistics has the odd side effect of stopping shareable SQL from being shared in certain circumstances. The consequence of an extreme attack of that would be a flooded shared pool and death by library cache latch contention.

Try taking snapshots of v$latch in the five minutes before, and the five minutes after switching on timed_statistics - ditto
v$system_events (which will, of course,
only give you the count of waits in the
before snapshot).

--