Re: Need DBA help with Oracle 8.0.5 and OAS 3.0

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:00:09 +0200

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:04:32 +0800, "Anders Wong" <andersw_at_pacific.net.hk> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
> Recently, our Database and OAS seems not as stable as usual. When
>users access our OAS webpage, sometimes they got "REQUEST FAILED". However,
>there has no problem with the PL/SQL in OAS, when they retried few click of
>"refresh" through the browser. The page is working again. One of my senior
>has check the loading through Oracle Enterprise Manager. The processes seems
>ok. We couldn't find the problem (may be this is the bugs from Oracle 8.05
>and OAS 3.0) at all.
>
>Steps we have done in the parameter file
>
>1. Increased the db_block_buffers = 550
>2. Increased the processes = 100
>
>Anything we can do...?
>
>If anyone of you has encountered this problem, pls point me some hints.
>Thank You in Advance.
>
>Best Regards,
>Anders

db_block_buffers= 550? Are you serious? Which block size? My default buffer is at least 40M, so 40000/db_block_buffers would make a factor 10 more.
Also: you are aware you are running fully on desupported software?

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Oct 17 2002 - 12:00:09 CDT