Re: Newbie: Problems installing 8i - TNSNames Listener error

From: kaatn <kaatn_at_nethere.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:42:22 -0700

This may or may not be helpful, but here goes. I have win 2k and was getting a ORA-12541 No Listener error.
I read what Karsten said and did the DOS command and got the clues I needed. I edited the listsner.ora and
found an erroneous entry I had placed there then forgot. I removed it and the Listener started.

My question is have they run the DOS command he suggested? It gives you inredible deatil on what is happening
while windows services gives you nothing. It was the DOS window that told me what line in what file was in error.

Hope this helps

Jeannine Menger