8i admin tools compatible with 8.0.5 DB's

From: Glen Moffitt <glen.moffitt_at_homestreetbank.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2002 07:54:28 -0700

We are in the process of migrating from an 8.0.5 production database to an 8i version. This will take several months, due to testing, planning, etc. So right now we have the production db still on 8.0.5, and an upgraded copy running on a new server under 8i.

We're also installing new Citrix servers, and need to install the Oracle admin tools on one of them. However we'd like to install only the 8i version of the tools (DBA Studio, Security Manager, etc). Is the 8i version of the tools backward compatible with 8.0.5 systems? I've done some limited testing against a test 8.0.5 DB and had no issues.

TIA Glen Moffitt, DBA MCSE
Homestreet Bank Received on Thu Oct 17 2002 - 09:54:28 CDT