Re: How to tune SQL to avoid ORA-03232 ?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:49:22 +0100

"Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:aomaob$i7m$1_at_ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...
> Something that I still want to do (and likely will never had time to get
> around too) is write a little front-end for Oracle to load UseNet and
> e-mail directly into it. I hate Outlook's silly file format and the
> inflexibility of rule filters and seperate folders. Views and SQL can
> provide a many times better solution.

Reminds me of a discussion we had recently at work about a particular problem

I wanted to use an Oracle db solution with intermedia and pl/sql The dev guy wanted a solution using .net and web services The network manager wanted a file system solution with doucment indexing provided by the os
I'm sure if we'd got operations involved access and vba would have been suggested.

Time to be reminded of Daniel's Dictum 'There are times when the appropriate database is a Post-it Note'

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA