Re: Oracle personal edition?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:56:17 +1000

"Rene S. Nielsen" <renesn_at_image.dk> wrote in message news:3dadf456$0$79603$edfadb0f_at_dspool01.news.tele.dk...
> Hi
>
> Stick with the personal edition
>
> The Enterprice Edition is only for large enterprices hence the name
> Enterprice.

The Enterprise Edition is only for those wanting to learn about partitioning, RACs, function-based indexes, materialized views, Data Guard (standby databases), and a whole raft of other major functionality.

Sure, if you only want to learn half the skills, stick with the Personal or Standard Edition.

Since all versions are obtainable entirely free, I'm not entirely sure what our original poster would lose by learning the complete product.

HJR