RedHat Linux/Oracle9i: Agent Problem

From: A. Fuentes <alvarof2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 06:19:44 GMT

Fellow Oracle Netters,

I installed Oracle 9.2..0.1.0 on a RedHat 7.2 Linux Server. At the end of the installation, the configuration assistant for the listener,
database, agent and httpd server failed due to a bug on the installer (which I am quite familiar now, because it is also present in the Solaris installer for
the 9.2.0.1.0) I repaired the listener, database, and http server which are working now.

For the agent, the command:
./agentctl start agent fails and refers to the log file which says that
the file snmp_ro.ora is NOT present. I checked it and this file is present, with the correct contents (name of the server and instances created)

The command,
./dbsnmp & also gives the same output and fails.

I used the Oracle Installer to de-install and re-install the intelligent agent again.
The re-installation came as "successful" but the configuration assistant for the
agent never was triggered.

My questions are:

1)Is there an Oracle configuration assistant for the agent, similar to the emca, dbca, netca?

2)Is there a way to create an "alternative" agent besides using the Oracle Universal Installer?

Any light on these issues will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

  1. Fuentes 512-297-9937