Re: performance measurment of an oracle db

From: Karen Abgarian <abvk_at_apple.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:59:54 -0700

You are not going to get anything if you try to measure the performance like this.

The time it takes to execute any given query is very dependent on the current situation in the system. For example, you query might require blocks to be read from disk. Depending on whether they are mostly in cache or not the execution time will vary. Disks might be heavily/lightly be used by other processes, the processors can be loaded/not loaded and so forth.

I suggest that you give up on this idea and have a look on various manuals and books discussing various oracle performance aspects.

Regs
AK