Re: Illegal date format...

From: Anand SHarma <ashar90_at_entergy.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2002 09:16:02 -0700

Yes It has happened to us too, This happens if you are using the Standard Oracle Adapters. This happens because of the OCI calls that Web Methods is using. There is a work around to it. Let's say you have an integration using Web Methods between two application, App A and App B

A(agent) - Broker -B(agent)

This will happen if you have BrokerDate field in App A as part of the canonical that should go to App B but the date field came as null from by App A. The broker in this case initializes the date field to a date determined by the broker.

In both the above agents wherever there are Date fields use a corresponding indicator variable for the date fields and also put those indicator variable as part of your data copy routine.

This will work and is the only work around.

Thanks
Anand Sharma.