Re: How to tune SQL to avoid ORA-03232 ?

From: Andy <andy.spaven_at_eps-hq.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:20:42 +0100

Jan

The 00054 error is resource busy - suggests that one or more rows in the table are locked. Check for locks and blocked sessions.

As for the plan table containing 50 rows but producing masses of text - this sounds like the issue Billy mentions about the code used to extract the data. Sort the locks out first to be sure then use some SQL such as

select lpad(' ',level) || operation ||decode(options,null,null,' - ')|| options, object_name
from plan_table
where statement_id = '&stmt'
start with id = 0
connect by prior id = parent_id;

Run this in SQL*Plus or newer versions of TOAD. Enter the statement_id when prompted for the value of stmt.

Andy