I'm Confused

From: Barry Warner <bwarner_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:49:28 +0100

Hi

I'm trying to get my head around some fundamental issues here.

If I have a 2 tables called Module and Workshop with these columns

Module

Module_num(PK)
Module_name
Module_description
Module_length

Workshop

Workshop_num(PK)
Workshop_room
Workshop_start_date
Workshop_finish_date

Tutor_id(FK)
Module_num(FK)

I've left the other tables out as they are irrelevant for this.

Now I'm trying to create a function that will verify whether there is an available workshop for a particular module. So my question is if a module exists it has a Module_num in the Module table right? and by default there will exist a Module_num in the Workshop table also. How would I write a query to check if the workshop exists for a module.

I'm thinking if it's Workshop_num = Module_num then the numbers would have to be identical.

Can anyone help please? Received on Wed Oct 16 2002 - 05:49:28 CDT