Re: Best Linux version to install Oracle 8i, 9i?

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 16 Oct 2002 00:38:37 -0700

"Arturo" <aparafiniuk_at_rogers.com> wrote in message news:<tF3r9.235$%h2.9_at_news02.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>...
> Hi,
>
> What is the best version of Linux to run Oracle 8i, 9i? I want to avoid
> problems with installation, etc.

I will use RedHat 8.0 for Oracle EE 9.2 very soon. Haven't tried it yet, but because of positive experiences with previous versions, I wouldn't expect any big problems. I've used RedHat 7.2 together with Oracle EE 8.1.7 and hadn't any problems. Ok, some issues occured, but nothing really serious, which couldn't be solved by reading installation guide and maybe some nice FAQs.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.