Re: Weblogic Application doesn't work with oracle database

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:01:27 +0200

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:47:57 +0000, Donna wrote:

> Hi,
> I recently developed a web application. It runs perfectly in
> Jdeveloper Embeded server on my local machine. The app was talking to
> a orable 9i database.
> However after I deployed it to weblogic 7.0 server. All servlets don't
> work any more. Some give me 404 error which I figured it might have
> something to do with my web.xml. I didn't have enough servlet-mapping
> definition. I corrected and now I've got new 500 error. Please help.
> I'm wondering if I need to do some oralce configure thing in the admin
> console. But it does work in Jdevlopera. All connection statment and
> sql statements were in the servlet code. Is here anything I miss?
> please help. I've been stuggle with this for 3 days. Any tip will be
> highly appreciated. Thanks again.
>

> When I run a servlet by calling a URL. It gives me the following
> error. What could this go wrong?
>

> Error 500--Internal Server Error
> From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
> 10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error
> The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from
> fulfilling the request.

Hard to say what is going wrong here. Which verion of JDeveloper do you use? The 903 preview from otn will allow deployment of j2ee applications to wl 7.
Is there more information in the wl log file? Have you deployed dependencies (like the jdbc drivers from Oracle)?

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Wed Oct 16 2002 - 00:01:27 CDT