Need DBA help with Oracle 8.0.5 and OAS 3.0

From: Anders Wong <andersw_at_pacific.net.hk>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:04:32 +0800

Hi there,

        Recently, our Database and OAS seems not as stable as usual. When users access our OAS webpage, sometimes they got "REQUEST FAILED". However, there has no problem with the PL/SQL in OAS, when they retried few click of "refresh" through the browser. The page is working again. One of my senior has check the loading through Oracle Enterprise Manager. The processes seems ok. We couldn't find the problem (may be this is the bugs from Oracle 8.05 and OAS 3.0) at all.

Steps we have done in the parameter file

  1. Increased the db_block_buffers = 550
  2. Increased the processes = 100

Anything we can do...?

If anyone of you has encountered this problem, pls point me some hints. Thank You in Advance.

Best Regards,
Anders Received on Tue Oct 15 2002 - 21:04:32 CDT