Re: moving to Oracle need recomendations...

From: Bill Lucas <WCLucas_at_coolblue.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:08:57 GMT

"TurkBear" <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us> wrote in message news:0evoqus1tk4dhnf5s3b5srvb4vlmb38bm9_at_4ax.com...

> That may be needed anyway..Not much sqlserver code is transportable
as is..
> ( It may depend on naming conventions being fully compatible and no
SqlServer-specific functions being involved..)

This we tried to do. No non compliant datatypes (i.e. bit), simplistic naming conventions, no proprietary MS functions (with the exception of FOR XML), I am still steeling myself for a complete rewrite, and telling the higher ups that it is going to be required. I wrote it once so it should go at least a little quicker right, what with an unfamiliar RDBMS and coding language ; ) Ahh what the heck, its only another 6 to 12 months of my life.

> Have fun, at least....

always...

Thanks all for the replies.

Regards,
Bill Received on Tue Oct 15 2002 - 16:08:57 CDT