Re: connect / as sysdba problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:50:21 +0200

On 15 Oct 2002 00:55:42 -0700, raidken_at_yahoo.com (Ken) wrote:

>I am creating database manually in a win 2k box . I logged in as a
>user belonging to the ORA_DBA group, created and started a new
>instance. When I attempt to log in using SQL plus to run the
>CreateDB.sql SCRIPT, I get an error insufficient privileges.
>
>sql> SQLPLUS /nolog
>sql> connect / as sysdba
>
>!!!Error!!!
>
>I am locally logged in to the box as a user belonging to the ORA_DBA
>group. What might be happening?
>
>Thanks!
>Ken

Apart from Howards recommendation
- if you changed the init.ora parameter remote_login_password_file from 'none' to 'exclusive', connect internal doesn't work anymore, as with the 'exclusive' setting the internal password and the SYS password are supposed to be the same. Connect as SYS (that'll work) and issue ALTER USER SYS indentified by <password> This will change the internal password too.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Oct 15 2002 - 11:50:21 CDT