Re: ORA-06512

From: Jeremy Ovenden <newsposter_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:27:39 +0100

In article <aohc8k$o01$1_at_reader1.imaginet.fr>, s.lehaire_at_meilleuregestion.com did, with immense forethought and due consideration for the subscribers to this newsgroup, say...
> Hi,
> I've got an error on a procedure : ORA-06512 (this procedure is exec each
> month and was working last month !)
> What is this error and how can I corect it ?
>
> Thx

This error generally occurs when you are processing a piece of data in the wrong type of variable declaration. For example passing an invalid date into procedure parameter defined as DATE or a non-numeric string into a number.

Add some dbms_output.put_line('mesg'); calls into your procedure and run it again to see where it fails.

If you are not even getting to the executable bit of code, then it almost certainly data type mismatch between data supplied and parameters.

--

jeremy