Re: Is datatype long supported in future releases of Oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:34:33 GMT

Andrew Mobbs wrote:

> Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote:
> >
> >And indeed, 10i looks to be the final doom of LONG, which of course is LONG
> >over due.
>
> What I LONG for is an official Oracle document detailing this that I can
> wave at the appropriate people. Preferably LONG before 10i is released.
>
> --
> Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/

If you have access to metalink:

Doc ID 51727.996

A brief quote from another thread on metalink:

From: Oracle, Rowena Serna 09-Oct-02 16:36 Subject: Re : Re : Re : Is data type RAW being desupported?

 I can't get confirmation from anyone on this. We have not heard this . only LONGs & LONG RAWs, but still checking...

 Regards,
 Rowena Serna
 Oracle Corporation

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Oct 15 2002 - 10:34:33 CDT