Re: Oracle personal edition?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:09:42 +1000

There *is* a personal edition (see http://technet.oracle.com ...and the downloads link). But I'd strongly advise you not to bother with it. If you are serious about learning Oracle then only the Enterprise Edition will do. It runs just fine on a 192MB PC with a single hard disk, despite its name.

If a 1.5GB download doesn't sound much like fun, you can buy a trial license and a CD set for about US$40.

Regards
HJR "Cynic" <asdf> wrote in message news:uqn5k21nihtq9d_at_corp.supernews.com...
> Is there an Oracle personal edition available? I want to setup Oracle db
on
> my home pc for learning purposes only. I want to be able to use sqlplus.
If