Oracle 9i runInstaller and Linux SuSE SLES 7 on COMPAQ ML530 2 CPUs

From: Dominique Rey <rey_at_ilo.org>
Date: 14 Oct 2002 13:39:08 -0700

Hello,
I have already installed Oracle 9i and Linux SuSE SLES 7 on several Compaq & Dell servers without any problem, but I have to install Oracle 9i on a Compaq ML530 with 2 CPUs and on this machine the runInstaller does not start or give a "segmentation fault". If I wait for severals hours 6-12h then try to run runInstaller again, it works until I reboot the server, then I have to wait another 6-12h until it works again. (Very strange ?)
Any Idea ?
Thank you,

Dominique Rey
System Engineer
International Labour Office
Geneva Switzerland. Received on Mon Oct 14 2002 - 15:39:08 CDT