Re: Installing Oracle on Linux or on Win2k?

From: robert <newsreply_at_cookiesoftware.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:14:30 +0200

"Ruggero Piccoli" <ruggero_piccoli_at_tin.it> wrote in message news:aoec69$gde$1_at_newsreader.mailgate.org...
> Hello everybody! This is my first message in the HG.
> I'm sorry if my english isn't very good....I hope you undestand me!!!
> I want to make a server with Oracle DBMS. There are two alternatives:
> using Linux or Windows. For you what is better? Can I use Debian?
> Where can I find any usefull documet about Oracle an Oracle on Linux?
> Thanks a lot
> Rug

Rug,

If you are familiar with linux then it's a good option. I run Oracle on both linux and windows platform. The servers i administer run high capacity databases. Not once has a windows db gone down.

For easy installation, administration i would go for windows. Linux is faster !!

Robert Received on Mon Oct 14 2002 - 13:14:30 CDT