Re: oci c unix / Oracle, ODBC and DB2/CLI Template Library

From: Bruno.Voigt <bruno.voigt_at_ic3s.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:16:06 GMT

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:46:55 -0400, "Jesse Waters" <jcwaters_at_wfubmc.edu> wrote:

>> There are samples installed with each database. They include
>> C code that uses oci.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> dmz17
>
>I will have to look at those but the samples I've seen thus far from Oracle
>OCI Programmer's Guide seem complicated to me. I hope those that are on the
>system are simplified. I've got to write a complex app but I need a simple
>example to get started. Thank you.

For C++ I suggest using:

// ==============================================================
// Oracle, ODBC and DB2/CLI Template Library, Version 4.0.29,
// Copyright (C) Sergei Kuchin, 1996,2002
// Author: Sergei Kuchin
// This library is free software. Permission to use, copy,
// modify and redistribute it for any purpose is hereby granted
// without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear
// in all copies.

Located on http://otl.sourceforge.net/home.htm.

It abstracts to a high degree and allows you to use similar code for working with Oracle, MS SQL, DB2, Postgres etc. And also allows you to use the special features of oracle eg. PL/SQl tables etc.

Works great for me (oracle & MS SQL).

bye, Bruno

--
bruno_at_ic3s.de