Re: bind sequences to columns

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:07:04 +1000

Hi Thomas,

A Sequence is an independent object that can't be 'binded' to a specific table or column.

Sorry :(

However, the little question I have is why do you want this ? Providing the sequence is accessed and used appropriately, then it shouldn't really be an issue. If you're afraid of "gaps" in a sequence, then no matter what do you, sequences don't guarantee the absence of gaps (a simple rollback will stuff you up there).

Cheers

Richard