Re: Oracle data dictionary - Can I obtain object create/alter timestamp?

From: Enzo Maini <touringcarclub_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 02:26:13 GMT

Oracle 9i has a change management package.

Oracle 8i does not.

If you mess the dd tables Oracle support will not help you in case of a major crash plus you will have problems during an upgrade.

With version 6, 7, 8 and 8i I created my own Pro*C program in Unix and C++ in Windows and all object scripts went through that program and that program would update my own version control tables for the database.

Other than that there third party database design tools that will do this for you.