Re: Oracle 8.x on Redhat 8.0?

From: pheonix1t <9090pheonix1t.at_at_earthlink.net909090.oio>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:24:07 GMT

John Sinclair wrote:
> Anyone try to install either Oracle 8.0.x or 8.1.x on Redhat 8.0 yet? Any issues? I'm guessing that 8.0.x really wouldn't work at all (glibc stuff), but how about 8i on Redhat 8.0?

Why don't you try Suse linux....i've used both and oracle installs much better on suse than redhat. Suse even makes some scripts that do all the grunt work for you as far as setting up the environment variables and stuff like that. Suse is sweet :)

regards,

Oskar

http://www.suse.com/us/business/certifications/certified_software/oracle/ Received on Sun Oct 13 2002 - 18:24:07 CDT