8.1.7.0.1 + Redhat 7.2 + /bin/jre not found

From: Shankar <shan0075_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:40:41 GMT

Hi everybody,

i have seen couple of postings here with following error on 8.1.7.0.1 EE installation /Redhat Linux 7.2, but none seems to help me out.

/tmp/Disk1/runInstaller
The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/jre. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run.
Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.1.8 or higher and try again.
: No such file or directory

This error seems to be so strange, though i have jdk118_v3 installed and have them in my PATH,

[oracle$ which java

/usr/local/jdk118_v3/bin/java
[oracle$ which jre

/usr/local/jdk118_v3/bin/jre
[oracle$ java -version

java version "1.1.8"
[oracle$ jre

Java(tm) Runtime Loader Version 1.1.8
Usage: jre [-options] classname [arguments]

also, i've followed the step by step instructions given in below articles and still can't get installer to invoke.

http://staff.in2.hr/denis/oracle/817install_rh72_en.html http://www.idevelopment.info

any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shan Received on Sun Oct 13 2002 - 15:40:41 CDT