Schema/Users relationship

From: Tudor <balan_tudor_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2002 03:47:34 -0700

Hi all,

I am new to oracle and i have just read the documentation from Oracle 8i concepts about the fundamental concepts. However, i have some questions and i really hope that some one could give me some more clear definitions and answers to my questions:

  1. I've read in the documentation that for each user of a database there is an associated schema(with the same name). But running the following sqls :
    --select username from dba_users order by username;
    --select distinct owner from dba_objects;
    i discovered that it is possible to have some users without a schema. Som the oracle documentation is false?? Furthermore, i read on this discusion group an answer to a question claiming that "there definitely will be users without a schema". SO, PLEASE SOMEBODY CLEAR ONCE FOR EVER THIS PROBLEM FOR ME.
  2. Is is possible to allow a user A to access the tables of a user B's schema?

Thank you in advance

Tudor Received on Sun Oct 13 2002 - 05:47:34 CDT