#pages read per I/O?

From: y <y_at_y.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:40:21 GMT

I am using Oracle8i EE.
I found only Oracle Server process can read index/data pages into Buffer Cache. So that means at least Oracle8i EE didn't support asynchronous read, right?
I want to know when the Oracle Server process need to do read from the disk, how many pages it can read into Buffer Cache one I/O? How to check the average number of read pages per I/O? TIA Received on Sat Oct 12 2002 - 18:40:21 CDT