Re: downloading using wget problems

From: Mirko Nasato <mirko.nasato_at_libero.it>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 14:27:44 GMT

Hi Peter.

Oracle download site use cookies to check if you are a registered user, so create an account if you don't have one, then login in with your graphical browser.

At this point you can use wget as follows

   $ wget -c --load-cookies ~/.netscape/cookies.txt $URL

(where $URL stands for http://download.oracle.com/...).

This works for Netscape 4.7, if you use mozilla the path to cookies.txt is different, see

   $ man wget

for details about --load-cookies.

Good luck!

\mirko