Re: Pentium or Risc processors for an Oracle Database?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 06:14:29 +1000

I was rather under the impression that the Alphas are all about to be dumped as a product line, as a result of the Compaq-HP merger.

Not entirely sure I would be paying big biccies for a soon-to-be-obsolete hardware platform.

Not entirely sure, either, why a different processor means better I/O. I would have thought that the I/O was the responsibility of the I/O sub-system, not the CPU.

Regards