Re: oracle installation on a machine in a domain

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 06:09:07 +1000

How do you start it manually? You mean, if you find the OracleServiceXXX in the Services applet and click 'start', it starts?

You might find that changing the 'Log on' for that service to an account that is a member of the *local* ORA_DBA group will fix the problem. Right-click the service, choose properties, select the Log On tab, and select the 'this account' option, and then use the 'Browse' button to locate an appropriate local user account to use.

Just a thought.

Regards