Re: xhost

From: Atro Tossavainen <Atro.Tossavainen_at_iki.fi.nland.invalid>
Date: 11 Oct 2002 15:31:44 +0300

srivenu_at_hotmail.com (srivenu) writes:

> Its better to issue `who am i`
> And then set DISPLAY to the IP or hostname you see in there

Yeah, right. Use SSH instead. Raw X is like shooting yourself in the foot, network security-wise. But then again, I hear there are people who enjoy that sort of exercise.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.